Group plans to open Anson charter school
Talking about the ‘Evil Dead’
Lilesville man charged with terrorism
Tall tales and true stories
Senate candidate Deborah Ross makes stops in Anson, Richmond counties
- Lara Trump opens Union Co. GOP headquarters - 12:33 am updated: 12:34 am.
- Group plans to open Anson charter school - 3:34 pm
- Talking about the ‘Evil Dead’ - 11:47 pm updated: 12:07 am.
- ‘Evil Dead Uproot’:Filmmakers seekmovie memories - 8:50 pm
- Lilesville man charged with terrorism - 8:41 pm
- Tall tales and true stories - 8:40 pm
- 295 graduate Leadership Anson - 8:40 pm
- SPCC certifies 11 in truck driver training - 12:10 am
- Senate candidate Deborah Ross makes stops in Anson, Richmond counties - 10:49 pm
- Woman charged in Monroe murder - 9:04 pm
- Ross to hold campaign Q&A in Anson - 3:20 pm
- Emrich chosen as Anson County Chamber of Commerce director - 3:19 pm
- Whoops, there she blows - 3:19 pm
- Former Wadesboro fire chief remembered - 3:04 pm updated: 3:05 pm.
- Ross to hold campaign Q&A in Anson - 2:44 pm
- Anson’s top cops urge caution in Pokémon game - 7:29 pm
- Wadesboro puts town recycling program ‘on hiatus’ - 7:27 pm
- Megan Garner: Victories, goals since becoming Anson County manager - 7:18 pm
- Anson County Courthouse adds armed security - 7:17 pm updated: 7:30 pm.
- Man, deputy identified in Anson County officer-involved shooting - 11:56 pm
- Former Wadesboro fire chief critically injured in Friday storms - 11:47 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Man dies following confrontation with Anson County deputies - 10:23 pm
- Anson County funeral director honored for service - 11:31 am
- Chesterfield County man charged with assaulting Polkton woman with knife - 2:47 pm
- Wadesboro, other police departments team up to catch speeders - 12:25 pm
- Kayak launch opens at Pee Dee Wildlife Refuge - 9:15 am updated: 9:15 am.
- Richmond County health officials: Brain-eating amoeba rare, but deadly - 7:07 am
- Anson County commissioners add to landfill watch board, consider housing code - 9:21 am
- Wadesboro man arrested on chop shop, larceny charges - 7:35 am updated: 8:23 pm.
- Anson County Historical Society leads museum tours - 3:40 pm
- Anson County Partnership for Children director Caroline Goins talks plans, goals - 2:58 pm
- Anson County students named to Wingate President’s List - 9:56 am
- Lilesville man accused of assaulting, intending to kill victim with a broom handle - 9:46 am
- 4 inmates at Lanesboro Correctional injured in fight - 9:51 am
- Anson County passes budget, boosts courthouse security - 8:20 am
- Anson County manager talks to Wadesboro Rotary Club about county budget - 3:40 pm
- Wadesboro passes $8 million budget for FY 2016-17 - 8:19 am
- Wadesboro man charged with card theft, breaking and entering, stealing fireworks - 11:02 pm
- Wadesboro celebrates Fourth of July with band, activities, fireworks - 12:37 pm
- Anson County residents owe over $1 million in delinquent taxes for 2015 - 11:28 pm
- Rockingham’s Jeff Joyner elected to N.C. Legion national post - 12:45 pm
- Anson County Democrats attend North Carolina Democratic Convention - 9:24 pm
- Red Cross: Need is ‘urgent’ for blood donations this summer - 12:56 am
- Anson County teens become Eagle Scouts - 5:16 pm
- Four Anson County teens earn $12,000 Golden LEAF Scholarships - 5:02 pm
- Wadesboro woman charged with assaulting man with a knife - 4:22 pm
- Scarborough retires, Goins to lead Anson County Partnership for Children - 4:13 pm
- Lilesville woman faces meth, child abuse charges - 4:09 pm
- Polkton man charged with assault, felonious restraint - 12:07 pm
Woman charged in Monroe murder
MONROE — A Wadesboro woman is one of four people charged in the robbery and death of a South Carolina Man in Union County.Police in Monroe say o...
Ross to hold campaign Q&A in Anson
A woman who wants to be North Carolina’s next U.S. Senator is making a stop in Anson County.Deborah Ross, who won the Democratic primary in Marc...
Emrich chosen as Anson County Chamber of Commerce director
The Anson County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors this week appointed Shelby Emrich as executive director.Emrich has served as interim director ...
Whoops, there she blows
A few weeks ago, my husband and I planned a trip to go and visit our daughter and her family. It was going to be the last week of school and we wanted...
Former Wadesboro fire chief remembered
WADESBORO — Eddie Pope was born in Anson County on January 26, 1954 and after 30 years of service with the Town of Wadesboro as a dispatcher and...
Ross to hold campaign Q&A in Anson
WADESBORO — A woman who wants to be North Carolina’s next U.S. Senator is making a stop in Anson County.Deborah Ross, who won the Democrat...
Wadesboro Trojans cheerleaders place in competition
The Wadesboro Trojans cheerleaders all placed in a competition May 14 at Rocky River High School in Charlotte.Both the Trojans’ Level 1 Diamonds...
Anson girls make state championship
Three Anson students qualified to compete in the Track and Field State Championship at NC A&T University.Alexus Cole is a senior and Destiny Gayto...
Anson County announces summer swim lessons
Anson County Parks and Recreation has announced the dates for its summer swim lessons.Three separate sets of classes will be held throughout the summe...
Church helps Bearcats’ Timothy Horne stock UNC-Charlotte dorm
Anson High School senior Timothy Horne recently signed his commitment to play football for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Gloria Howar...
Community Calendar: Youth tackle football registration continues
Items for the community calendar will be accepted by mail to The Anson Record, P.O. Box 959, Wadesboro, NC 28170, and can also be brought by our offic...
Anson’s Justice Leak takes 3rd in state wrestling tourney
Anson High School senior Justice Leak said his third-place finish in the state wrestling championships didn’t sink in right away.“Glamour ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
The south’s first silk mill
The first silk mill in the southern states was started in Wadesboro in May of 1888. Singleton Silk Manufacturing Company was located on Carr’s M...
Tiny, the repo man
The other week, I was down around Hogback Street visiting my buddy, John. Ol’ John is a storyteller in his own right. Yes-sir-ree bob, why, he c...
What’s buggin’ your birds?
Are mosquitoes and other biting insects sucking the life out your summer? If you are like most folks in North Carolina, the heat and the humidity have...
The Richmond Education Series to be held Wednesday at Richmond Memorial Hospital
The deadline for all Community Calendar items is 4:30 p.m. the day prior to publishing. To list your event, email Matt Harrelson at mharrelson@civitas...
SANDS OF TIME: Outer Banks offers historical, natural wonders
While the mountains of North Carolina are my favorite region of the state, equally as appealing are the Outer Banks.These famed barrier islands featur...
Get a real education to succeed
Value creation, not school, is what leads to success.Education, regardless of where it takes place, is the process of learning how to create value. If...
The Minotaur and today’s politics
Do you think that the Greek legendary half-bull, half-man called the Minotaur could help us understand what is going on in American politics this year...
Freedom rises in North Carolina
RALEIGH — The latest report card about freedom is out — and North Carolina shows progress in several areas. But some of our grades are sti...
OUR VIEW: Districting process must change to end gerrymandering
Gerrymandering has been going on for so long in American politics that it is treated as a tool of the trade.The Republican-controlled General Assembly...
Teacher pay ideas get test
RALEIGH — Try something new? I’m all for it. But whether you are talking about changing your diet, changing your career, or changing your ...
Putting our veterans first
If you go to the movies this summer, there’s a good chance you’ll be watching one of many superheroes. America loves a superhero — s...