Anson County celebrates Veterans Day
History of the Tollison building in Wadesboro, building set to be demolished soon
Cooper takes Gov. McCrory’s seat, McInnis beats Montgomery for senate
Advocate reflects on mother’s death in domestic violence case at Anson County vigil
Wadesboro probation absconder who died during chase named
- Harvest Ministries of Wadesboro donates free Thanksgiving turkeys - 8:31 pm
- Duke Energy rates have lowered in North Carolina - 8:27 pm
- “Star of Bethlehem” show comes to Wadesboro Rotary Planetarium - 8:27 pm
- Burn ban lifted in Anson County - 8:25 pm
- Santa, parade draw crowds in Wadesboro - 8:22 pm
- Wadesboro town council honors late employee Tim Watts with resolution - 5:42 pm
- Toys for Tots seeking donations - 11:34 am
- Letters to Santa due at Anson Record on Dec. 7 - 5:30 am
- Anson County gets in holiday spirits with Christmas events - 7:25 pm
- Anson County farmers may be eligible for FSA loans after Hurricane Matthew - 3:56 pm
- Preventing Christmastime fires: Rockingham, N.C. chief offers safety tips - 4:33 pm
- Politics and barbecue, together again - 1:27 pm
- Anson County senior Christmas luncheon scheduled - 11:08 pm
- Tollison building in Wadesboro to be demolished Saturday - 9:46 pm
- Wingate cheerleaders share Christmas love at Novant Matthews - 6:51 pm
- Abbington Grove apartments in Wadesboro, N.C. nearly complete - 8:31 am
- North Carolina Highway Patrol graduates 47 troopers, one from Anson - 3:28 am
- Wadesboro church Christmas gala scheduled - 9:07 pm
- Employee charged in Rockingham Waffle House fire - 6:24 pm
- Wadesboro police settle in new building - 4:31 pm
- Ansonia to show Christmas play written by Lilesville native - 3:01 pm
- Rep. Robert Pittenger outlines plans for NC’s 9th district - 2:49 pm updated: 5:12 pm.
- Santa will visit Wadesboro after parade - 2:49 pm
- Turners plan Anson County Christmastime open house for Relay for Life - 3:04 pm
- Anson Record collects kids’ letters to Santa, holiday art - 1:34 pm
Anson County farmers may be eligible for FSA loans after Hurricane Matthew
Anson was one of 13 new counties to be named as eligible for potential farmers’ disaster assistance following Hurricane Matthew.On Nov. 22, Pres...
Preventing Christmastime fires: Rockingham, N.C. chief offers safety tips
ROCKINGHAM — For many, picking out the perfect live Christmas tree and sipping eggnog or hot chocolate beside a crackling fireplace are part of ...
Politics and barbecue, together again
Did North Carolina barbecue help Donald Trump win the presidency?North Carolina’s barbecue guru, John Shelton Reed, has a theory.More about that...
Anson County senior Christmas luncheon scheduled
Items for the community calendar will be accepted by mail to The Anson Record, P.O. Box 959, Wadesboro, NC 28170, and can also be brought by our offic...
Tollison building in Wadesboro to be demolished Saturday
The Tollison building by the Wadesboro Fire Department will be demolished on Saturday, according to the town.Town manager Alex Sewell said Thursday th...
Wingate cheerleaders share Christmas love at Novant Matthews
MATTHEWS — The Wingate University cheerleading team participated in the eighth annual Festival of Trees at Novant Health Matthews Medical Center...
Mavericks beat Anson
The Bearcats lost a home game to the Marvin Ridge Mavericks last week and are preparing for a game against Sun Valley this week.The 36-22 loss at home...
Team lost to Cuthbertson last Friday
After suffering a home-game loss last week, Coach Ralph Jackson said the Bearcats are preparing for a tough game against Marvin Ridge this Friday.R...
Ashton Locklear gets to live out a lifelong dream
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Ashton Locklear planned for 16 of her 18 years on making the U.S. Olympic Team.So July 10, when the announcement was made in ...
Ashton Locklear refuses to give up on her dream
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Ashton Locklear was 2 years old when she decided she wanted to be an Olympic gymnast.That decision – based on watching ...
Jody Meacham to document Ashton Locklear’s journey at Olympic trials
ROCKINGHAM — The Olympic trials are taking place this weekend in San Jose, California.Hamlet native Ashton Locklear will be vying for a spot on ...
Morven chapter of Las Amigas helps senior citizen for United Way Day of Caring
Contributed photo | For the RecordOn Oct. 15, 2016, the Morven chapter of Las Amigas participated in the United Way Day of Caring. The annual event pr...
Memories ofThanksgivingsfrom the past
Pilgrims left Plymouth, England on September 6, 1620, headed to the New World. They arrived in Massachusetts in late November at Plymouth Rock. Upon t...
Whiskey Willie:Uwharrie areamoonshiner
Moonshining began very early in American history, shortly after the Revolution. The U.S. found itself struggling to pay for the expense of fighting a ...
Anson County teens, boys visit White House and more on trip to Washington, D.C.
Several young boys and teenagers had the chance to visit the nation’s capital this month.The Caraway Foundation sponsored the trip, sending 14 9...
Halloween memories: Apples, popcorn and candy
Since Halloween has just come and gone, it caused me to think about ones from my past that stand out in my mind. Let me say right to start with that I...
Jesus is Lord Christian School announces first nine weeks honor roll
All A’s• Second grade — Cara Davis• Third grade — Daniel Thomas and Preston Thomas• Fourth grade — Vashti Sm...
Left needs course in federalism
For the second time in recent experience, and the fifth time in American history, a presidential candidate has been elected despite having failed to w...
Social Security covers you when you’re abroad
Social Security has you covered, even outside our nation’s borders. We are with you through life’s journey, even if you are traveling outs...
Alabama judge attended Ansonville Male Academy
I imagine Anson County residents — and in particular the citizens of Ansonville — will be surprised to know that two old-timey colleges ex...
TAR HEEL VIEW: Allison the right choice for treasury head
A former Wilson community leader is reportedly in the mix for a high-profile position in President-elect Donald Trump’s administration.Retired B...
GOP elephants never forget
North Carolina Democrats have spent much of the last week indignantly denouncing an array of Republican actions, attitudes and options as “outra...
Bad Girls at Samarcand
If you asked almost anybody in the world to tell you about Samarcand and you got any answer at all, it would be about an ancient city still existing i...